Museum of Everyday Writing Commentary
Link: http://museumofeverydaywriting.omeka.net/exhibits/show/lists--organizing-everyday-lif/schedule-lists
The Museum of Everyday Writing Online features an exhibit dedicated to list-making as a form of everyday writing. Within that there are three categories to this style of everyday writing. Task Lists, Schedule Lists, and Shopping Lists make up this exhibit. The Schedule List subsection stood out to me in particular because of the fact that I am a very analytical person who likes to plan and organize, and I often feel as though I am the only person who does so, writing it out by hand, using sections for time, location, and activity. The photo of a schedule is paired with a description of this form of everyday writing and it mimics that of one I would've made/have made in the past, hence my reason for choosing it to discuss and link above. To improve upon this exhibit, there could probably be more categories for types of lists outside of the three listed, because people tend to make lists of many things, and usually odd things, which could be a bit more entertaining for the public.
The Museum of Everyday Writing Online features an exhibit dedicated to list-making as a form of everyday writing. Within that there are three categories to this style of everyday writing. Task Lists, Schedule Lists, and Shopping Lists make up this exhibit. The Schedule List subsection stood out to me in particular because of the fact that I am a very analytical person who likes to plan and organize, and I often feel as though I am the only person who does so, writing it out by hand, using sections for time, location, and activity. The photo of a schedule is paired with a description of this form of everyday writing and it mimics that of one I would've made/have made in the past, hence my reason for choosing it to discuss and link above. To improve upon this exhibit, there could probably be more categories for types of lists outside of the three listed, because people tend to make lists of many things, and usually odd things, which could be a bit more entertaining for the public.
Comments
Post a Comment